Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Apple Picking


On Saturday we went Apple Picking. It was so much fun and a nice little family outing. We went with my good friend Kris and her kids. They all had a blast.
When I get my apples every year it means to me that Fall has arrived. We had never picked apples, I usually just buy them at the Farmer's Market or I go to Penrose and buy them from a little place off the side of the road. But I thought this would be more fun this year, and I was right. We got HUGE apples and they have made great pies. The kids had fun and wanted to pick more but I didn't want to buy all the ones they wanted to pick. Our Little Family!

Paul and Caden walking our apples to the store to pay!


"Is this a good one Mom?" That was a common question the whole time.


My cute boy!!

Look at all of them I picked!


Yummy apples!


I enjoy this time of year soooooo much and love the smell of cinnamon and apples in my house. Today I have peeled and cored 36 pounds of apples. I am drying some of them and then I made 8 apple pies to freeze for a treat throughout the year. It was a lot of work but boy will we enjoy a fresh apple pie in January or even next summer.








No comments:

Post a Comment