Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day! When it comes around to this day I often think of my mom, my mother-in-law, my grandma's and a whole bunch of special mom's in my life. And that would be a super long list. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am a mom and that it is my day too. Not to be selfish at all, but in the midst of it all I feel like I need to make sure everyone else is covered. Well, today was a great one. I was celebrated by kiddos in their own special way. Each one of them made a card at school and they both touched me in a way I can't even explain, they also made me laugh a lot. Here is a part of what Arlee put on hers:

(she had to answer questions about me and her teacher wrote them down)

My mom is special because She helps me clean my room.
I know my mom is mad when her face crinkles up.
I know she is happy when she smiles.

I have to say those are pretty darn cute and hilarious. I didn't know I crinkle up my face when I am mad, but good to know.
Now here is Cadens Oh and his was filled with flower coupons.

My mom is as sweet as All the candy we ate at the movies.
My mom is as beautiful as a beautiful butterfly.
I love my mom because she helps me, loves me, and takes care of me.

My sweet boy!!!

So another highlight of my day was waking up. I was just waking up and Paul was changing Ava and he brought her to me and just said "Happy Mother's Day, Ava tell mommy Happy Mother's day" And she gave me a HUGE SMILE!!!! Couldn't be any sweeter than my brand new baby waking me up and wanting to be with me on Mother's day. I truly love being a mom and truly love my kids. Even if there are days where I am frustrated and upset, or just had a baby poop on me, the good days out weigh all the bad ones. I LOVE BEING A MOM and know with all my heart that this is what God has called me to do at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment