Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Inspiration!

Here is my sweet little girl Ava! She is sleeping so soundly and who knows what she is dreaming about. Sometimes she giggles in her sleep, sometimes she smiles, sometimes she frowns, sometimes she fusses, all this in her sleep. She has so many expressions, you aren't sure what you will get. I see this photo and know I am blessed. She is perfect. Nothing wrong with her. She has a family that loves her, a warm bed, food at her mouth, and a changed diaper.
This makes me think of all those that don't. As some of you know my brother Mark and his wife Becky are in the process of adopting a baby boy from Africa. They are a few months away from actually going but the process is moving along.
I am very excited for this new change in our family. I really want to help them and have been thinking about how to do that for awhile. I want to hand over a thousand dollars and help financially, however, if you know our situation you will know that is not possible at the moment. (maybe someday) I want to do something. So....I have thought of a few different things by using my oh so many talents (just kidding, I dont' know if I have a ton)
1. make cards and sell them, all money goes to Mark and Becky
2. make cookies and sell them. Everyone seems to love my cookies, but who will buy them.
3. those are the only two ideas I have. :) Sad but true.
So what will I do? How will I help?
I am going to conitnue to pray about it.
But I do know that I am praying for them and the whole process and that is also helpful. I am so proud of them and I am so excited to get a cute new little nephew.
You can help too by praying or donating to them. Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you make cookies and sell them I will buy them. But that may actually defeat the purpose huh?

    ReplyDelete